We take privacy seriously & we hope you do too.
V-6-0, updated on 18/8/19
- Privacy Statement
- Personal Information Collected by Us
Personal information is information or an opinion of an individual whose identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained. As part of our business, we may collect personal information from you.
We collect a variety of personal information that is reasonably necessary for the purposes of conducting and improving our business and our products and services. This information may be collected in a number of ways, including:
- through our website secure.health (our Site);
- through our services;
- through marketing research, including surveys;
- through any of our other business activities or events;
- through a person seeking employment with us, having been employed by us or being employed by us; and/or
- by otherwise having some form of contact with a person, such as by personal contact, mail, telephone, email, video teleconferencing, Internet or other forms of telecommunication.
Personal information collected by us may include:
- your name
- your title;
- your contact details (including street address, postal address, email address, phone number and fax number);
- your citizenship;
- your tax identification number, tax residency and other tax-related information;
- location information;
- transactional information (including your method of payment);
- your reasons for using our Site or any of our products and services;
- your preferences and opinions relating to our Site or any of our products and services;
- information from social media platforms, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Telegram, Slack, Flock, Reddit and Linkedin;
- any other information that you choose to send to us; and
- logs, which may include information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, clickstream data, the pages of our Site that you visit, the features of our Site, activities or actions you do while using our Site, the time and date of your visit to our Site, the time spent on any pages of our Site, and other log related information relating to your use of our Site.
We endeavour to only collect personal information about you from you, where it is reasonable and practical to do so.
- Use of Personal Information
Generally, we use personal information for providing, evaluating, improving, personalising and developing our business, our Site, our other products and services, and to protect our users. More specifically, we use personal information for:
- improving our Site, our other products and services, and user satisfaction;
- providing and delivering our Site and our other products and services to you;
- providing support to you (including technical support) in relation to the use of our Site and our other products and services;
- promoting and delivering our Site and our other products to organisations and individuals;
- our internal research and statistical purposes (including market segmentation and customer value analysis); and
- enabling us to forward to you, other information or material which we believe may be of interest to you, or which you have indicated you may be interested in receiving.
We automatically gather information to monitor the use of our Site and our other products and services. Most of the data we collect is aggregated, and such aggregated information is effectively anonymous to us.
Sometimes you will be asked to confirm that you agree to a particular activity or the collection of your personal information for a specific purpose. Though we usually collect aggregate data, we will make it clear to you if any information is being collected in a way that could personally identify you.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- Disclosure generally
We do not disclose your personal information to any third party, other than those requiring this information to assist us or those that are directly related to the purposes for which the information was collected, including:
- to our officers, employees, contractors, agents and representatives who have a need to know such information;
- to external service providers, so that they can provide products and services in connection with the operation and improvement of our business;
- to our affiliates, including but not limited to other persons, organisations and businesses within our group of organisations;
- as permitted under privacy legislation or any other applicable law;
- with your consent; and
- if you would reasonably expect that your personal information would be passed to the person to whom the personal information is disclosed.
- Information you make public
Certain services we provide and features on our Site are open to any other Site user to view, such as our blog (if any), community forum (if any) and certain aspects of your personal user profile (if any). Any information you create or post in these locations may be available and accessible to other users of the Site.
Our Site may also enable you to upload, post, transmit, display, perform or distribute content, information or other data, which may include your personal information. Any information that you choose to disclose by means of such features becomes public information.
We strongly urge you to exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information by such means. You agree to assume all responsibility for all personal information that you have made public.
- Protecting Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to protect all personal information which we hold (including your personal information) from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The precautionary steps we take to protect personal information may include:
- adopting measures to protect our computer systems and networks for storing, processing and transmitting personal information;
- adoption of procedural and personnel measures for limiting access to personal information by our staff;
- regularly reviewing our information collection, storage and processing practices;
- secured encrypted servers, password protection for electronic files, multi-factor authentication procedures, securing paper files in locked cabinets and physical access restrictions.
We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up-to-date and complete. These steps may include maintaining and updating personal information when it is apparent that updating is required, or we are otherwise advised by you that your personal information has changed.
Notwithstanding that we use our best endeavours to protect all personal information, we cannot completely guarantee the security of your personal information.
When no longer required, personal information is destroyed or deleted in a complete and confidential manner.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s storage drive.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
- Web Beacons
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of users or to access cookies.
Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer storage drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages (or in email). Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns.
Like many sites, we use web beacons to collect information which is done in accordance with this Policy.
- International Disclosure
- Data Transfers
We may transfer information which we collect between any countries in which we operate for storage, processing, and usage in accordance with this Policy. The information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
- International IT service providers
We may disclose personal information to outsourced information technology service providers, including cloud computing providers and data storage providers, primarily located in the United States of America and Europe.
- Disclosure for analytics
We may use Google Analytics and other third-party analytics software to track your usage of our Site. Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilises the data collected to track and examine the use of our Site, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
- Consent to international disclosure
Other than as contemplated in this clause, we will only disclose your personal information to a recipient located outside of your country if:
- you consent to the transfer; or
- the disclosure of the information is required, authorised or permitted by or under any applicable law or a court/tribunal order.
- Third Parties
We confirm that we have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites, products or services whatsoever.
You should be aware that your ability to opt-out of a third-party tool or platform will depend on the conditions governing your agreement with that third party.
- Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
If you have established an account with us, your personal information is open and freely available for you to access through our Site after you log in.
We will provide you with access to your personal information held by us, unless:
- giving access would be unlawful; or
- denying access is required under any applicable law.
If you wish to amend personal information that we hold that is not editable through our Site, please contact us at [email protected] to request an amendment. Depending upon the personal information you seek to access, you may be asked:
- to put your request in writing with evidence to verify your identity; and/or
- to provide further details to assist us in responding to your request in a timely manner.
We will respond to a request for access to personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made.
If we elect not to correct your information, we will within a reasonable time notify you of the reason for our refusal, the mechanisms available for you to complain about our refusal and such other matters required by the applicable privacy legislation.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please contact us at [email protected] and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it, unless we are required by law to keep it.
We strive to ensure our compliance with this Policy and to regularly review our practices under it.
If at any time you have a complaint against us regarding our Policy, including a breach of any applicable privacy legislation, we invite you to contact us at [email protected]. All complaints made will be dealt with in confidence. We endeavour to respond within 30 days of receipt of a complaint with a resolution or proposed resolution of the issue raised.
Please note that you may also make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) about the handling of your personal information. Information on making a privacy complaint can be found on the OAIC website at http://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/how-do-i-make-a-privacy-complaint.
We reserve the right to vary this Policy from time to time without further notice to you. Any variations made will be updated on our Site. We will not reduce your rights under this Policy without using our best endeavours to first provide you with notice. It is your responsibility to check our Policy every now and again to ensure that you are aware of any changes made to it.
- Further Information
For any further information about this Policy please contact us at [email protected]
V-6-0 published 18/8/19 by Dr Robert Laidlaw
V-5-0 published 29/3/19, by Dr Robert Laidlaw
V-4-0 published 25/10/18, by Dr Robert Laidlaw
V-3-0 published 19/8/18, by Dr Robert Laidlaw
V-2-0 published 31/5/18, by Dr Robert Laidlaw
V-1-0 published 10/4/18 by Dr Robert Laidlaw
Connect with us.
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date with our progress.